Alcohol and Drug Awareness Course
Educate course attendees about the dangers of alcohol and other drugs particularly as they relate to the driving task.
- Familiarize attendees with various categories of drugs including legal, illicit, and over the counter medications
- Educate attendees about how various drugs effect the body and the driving task
- Inform attendees of various laws surrounding alcohol and other drugs
- Illustrate the negative effects alcohol/ drugs have on one’s personal life
- Understand the impact of alcohol/drugs on the driving task
- Outline consequences for future illegal behavior with alcohol/drugs
- Development of personal commitment plan to avoid future legal or financial problems
The NTSI Alcohol/Drug Awareness Course is for individuals who have alcohol or other drug related offenses and need additional education. DUI/DWI offenders, Minor in Possession of Alcohol (MIP), drug and paraphernalia possession, and individuals under the influence when arrested for other charges are suitable attendees.