First Aid, CPR and AED Training
The Emergency Care & Safety Institute was the first internationally recognized training organization to offer online training options for basic life support (BLS), advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), automated external defibrillation (AED), first aid, and bloodborne and airborne pathogens. Years later, tens of thousands of students and professionals have used these courses to help them learn life-saving skills and earn certifications required for their employment.
Specific course information:
First Aid, CPR, and AED Interactive is a cutting-edge online course designed to provide knowledge participants would otherwise have learned in a traditional classroom and help them pinpoint any areas of weakness. This interactive program engages today’s learners with an exciting and captivating learning experience that is unattainable through traditional printed products, and in some cases, even classroom lectures.
Features and benefits of this online course include:
- In-depth reporting and documentation features to enable tracking of progress and achievements.
- Audio narration offered in order to address students’ diverse learning styles.
- Anytime, anywhere access that provides total flexibility for certification or refresher training
- A simple, user-friendly interface to ensure that students do not waste time learning how to navigate through the course.
- A self-paced training environment that allows participants to learn at their own convenience and pace
- Rich content with photos, illustrations, animations, and video clips.
Course content includes:
- Recognizing emergencies and getting appropriate help
- Victim Assessment
- Adult, child, Infant CPR
- Adult, child, infant airway obstruction
- Bleeding, wounds
- Head, spine, chest, abdominal injuries
- Muscle, bone, joint injuries
- Medical emergencies
- Heat and cold emergencies
- Rescuing and moving victims
User instructions for accessing and completing the course(s):
Certification vs. Training
- Some people take an online course just to learn the information as part of general “training.” Others complete a course to earn “certification” for a job requirement. To earn an official “certification” card for first aid or CPR/AED courses you must complete a short hands – on skills practice session following your completion of the online course.
- Skills practice sessions are provided by authorized ECSI instructors worldwide. You must check for a Skills Practice Location near you to arrange a time to complete the practical skills session, and to verify the cost of the separate practical skills session that leads to “certification”. If you want “certification” find a Center before you pay for the course. No refunds will be issued after purchase if you failed to first secure a Skills Practice Location.If you are not able to find a Skills Practice Location near you, you may contact ECSI, as others are joining daily, and a specific Skills Testing Location may not yet have been posted at this time.
- You will see a pop –up on the payment page that reflects this information above. Please check the box indicating that you understand this requirement for certification regardless of whether you are completing the course for “training” or for “certification.” The box reads as follows :
Step 1. Click on the “Register Now” button at the bottom.
Step 2. Once you have purchased the course, complete the registration process. Important: You must choose “NTSI” from the drop-down menu when registering.
Step 3. Complete the online course and its interactivities. Upon completion, you can to print a form that acknowledges completion of the online course. For users desiring “certification,” bring the course completion acknowledgment form to the skills practice location you previously contacted.
Step 4. For “certification” perform the skills at the location you chose, and an official ECSI course completion card will be issued at that time by the ECSI Education Center.