Arizona Defensive Driving Program (4.5 hours)
Court fees vary. To determine your individual Defensive Driving course fees, click here.
For a complete list of eligible violations for a Defensive Driving course, click here.
The Arizona Defensive Driving Course must be completed at least 7 days prior to your court date in order to have the citation dismissed.
In order to qualify for a full refund, you must call to cancel the payment within two days from date registration for a Defensive Driving class. After the third day, you will only receive a partial refund. If you decide not to take the Defensive Driving online course, we can reschedule you for a live Defensive Driving class at no additional cost; however, should you start the Defensive Driving online course and request a refund, you will only receive a partial refund. If after attending a defensive driving class, it is determined that you are ineligible, a refund will not be provided.
Please note, a legible copy of your citation and government issued ID must be received and reviewed by our staff prior to being able to access the Defensive Driving online course. Payment must also be made in full prior to the Defensive Driving online course being activated.
The Arizona Defensive Driving Program satisfies the requirement set forth by the Arizona Supreme Court.
The benefits of taking an NTSI online or classroom defensive driving course are numerous. Some benefits include your citation being dismissed and not being sent to the MVD. No points will be assessed and you can avoid increased insurance rates. The flexible schedule available allows you to take the defensive driving class as an online defensive driving course at your own pace or in a classroom with a certified instructor. At NTSI, our traffic school has proven to reduce the recidivism rate.
Check in today to see if you are eligible to take the Arizona defensive driving course for your citation.
NOTE: Only one defensive driving class may be taken every 12 months from the day of the citation.
Factors influencing the use of the driving course for your citation include:
- CDL License holders are ineligible to attend a Defensive Driving course
- Citation cannot have occurred while operating a commercial vehicle
- No criminal violations without prior permission from the court
- The citation did not involve a traffic crash which resulted in serious injury
- Student must complete the Defensive Driving course at least 7 days prior to the court date.
- Juveniles have to have permission from the court to attend or take the online Defensive Driving course
For a complete list of eligible violations that are elegibe to take the Defensive Driving class, click here.
NTSI is certified under the Arizona Supreme Court Defensive Driving Program
Court fees vary. To determine your individual course fees, click here
Arizona gives you the opportunity to avoid paying your ticket and having the points appear on your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) for certain violations. The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) requires the following:
- The course may only be completed once every 12 months from the date of your last violation.
- A State Fee of $20 and State Surcharge of $45
- A copy of your citation and your license (or other, government-issued identification) is required to complete the course.
- The course must be completed at least 7 days before your court deadline date.
- Commercial Driver License holders are not eligible to complete this course for point dismissal (A.R.S. 28-3392(C)(2))
- We honor the $44 classroom fee for the following schools:
- 402, 416, 454, 470, 496, 499, 507, and 508.
- For classroom courses, we charge a $15 door fee when making your payment the day of the class. This fee is waved when you prepay at the very latest the day before the class. Save money by calling (800)726-6874.
- We reserve the right to charge a $10 processing fee when returning funds to the card you use to purchase this course.
- For more information, please contact the AOC at (888)334-5565, email them at email@example.com, or visit their website.
By completing this course, those who have received eligible moving violations will have the citations dismissed with no repercussions on your driving record.
* — Plus state and court fees.
** — The course must be completed at least 7 days before your court deadline date.