Price may vary for classroom course
Arizona Defensive Driving School
Fast and easy, our course is proven to reduce future traffic violations. Over 50,000 satisfied customers and counting!
- Dismiss a ticket
- Satisfy a court order
- Avoid points on your Driver’s License
- Satisfy a Motor Vehicle Department requirement
Arizona Defensive Driving School
Why take a Defensive Driving Course in Arizona?
- Your ticket will be dismissed and not sent to the MVD.
- No points will be added on your driving record (for certain violations).
- Reduce insurance rates.
- Arizona Supreme Court Approved
- 40 years of experience satisfying customers like you
- Classroom and online options – you choose what works best for you
- Online courses are mobile and tablet friendly – take your course on the go, or on the couch.
- Secure payment through top tier encryption and cyber security
- Our courses have proven to reduce the recidivism and make roads safer for you and your family
- The Arizona Defensive Driving School Program is a 4.5 hour course and it must be completed at least seven days prior to your court date in order for your ticket dismissal.
- The Arizona Defensive Driving Course may only be taken once every 12 months from the day of your citation
- Prior to accessing the Online Traffic School AZ class you must:
- Provide a legible copy of your traffic citation and government issued ID to be reviewed by our staff
- Payment must also be made in full prior to starting your Defensive Driving Course online
The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) and NTSI require the following:
- A State Fee of $24 and State Surcharge of $45
- A $44 classroom fee which will be honored for the following schools: 402, 416, 454, 470, 496, 499, 507, and 508.
- For classroom programs, we charge a $15 door fee when making your payment on the day of the class. This fee will be waived when you prepay with a minimum of one day before the scheduled class. Save money by calling (800)726-6874
- Court fees may vary. Determine your individual Defensive Driving Program fees.
- View a complete list of eligible violations for the Defensive Driving Course. Check to see if you are eligible to take the Arizona Defensive Driving School program for your traffic ticket.
NTSI’s Defensive Driving Course Online has an optional audio read-along built into the course. If you would rather sit back and listen to the course instead of reading, then the Audio Read-Along option is perfect for you. Select the Audio Read-Along checkbox when you’re checking out to enable this feature for your course.
Want to see it in action? Watch this screen recording of the Audio Read-Along feature below.
- Citation occurred while operating a commercial vehicle
- You committed a criminal violation, excepting with prior permission from the court
- The citation involved a traffic crash which resulted in serious injury or death
- Juveniles must obtain special permission from the court to attend a classroom or take the online Arizona Traffic School program
If you must cancel your traffic school class, you must do so within three days from the date of registration in order to qualify for a full refund. After the third day, you will only receive a partial refund. If you start the Online Traffic School class and request a refund, you will only be entitled to a partial refund. Should you decide not to take the online class, you will be eligible for a live class at no additional cost. We reserve the right to charge a $10 processing fee when returning funds to the card you use to pay for this program. If after attending an Arizona Defensive Driving School class, it is determined that you are ineligible, a refund will not be provided.
NTSI is certified under the Arizona Supreme Court Defensive Driving Program
Phone: (800) 726-6874
Fax: (480) 546-4666
* — Plus additional state and court fees.
** — The program must be completed at least 7 days before your court deadline date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Please call our office between 5am PST to 5pm PST Monday thru Friday to reschedule your class. Remember, the State of Arizona requires the defensive driving course to be completed at least seven (7) days prior to your court date.
No, once you complete the class NTSI reports it to the court on your behalf; unless the court has made a special request for you to submit your certificate of completion.
No, by selecting the Arizona Traffic School diversion program, you are not required to pay an additional fee for that specific violation. Please note Arizona Traffic School can only be used for one violation within a 12 month period. If you have multiple violations on the citation, they will need to be handled accordingly.
Yes! NTSI offers Arizona Defensive Driving School online in both English and Spanish.
Please call NTSI at 1 800-726-6874 Monday through Friday from 5am PST to 5pm PST to cancel or reschedule a class.
To be eligible to take a Defensive Driving School course in order to dismiss a ticket, at least 12 months must have passed from the date of your last violation which was dismissed by taking a Defensive Driving School course (the days are counted from citation date to citation date).
Also, not all violations are eligible, take a look at a complete list of eligible violations.
You can use our “Check Your Eligibility” feature located at the right sidebar to see if you are eligible to take the Defensive Driving School course.
We have many options for payment. You may either pay in advance with a credit/debit card or bring a money order the day of the class. Please note, we DO NOT take personal checks nor are we able to process credit cards the day of the class.
Instruction time is 4 ½ hours, not including any breaks so classes will be between 4 ½ and 5 hours.
You may attend a Defensive Driving School AZ class once every 12 months (1 year). The year is calculated from violation date to violation date. For example, if you received a violation on 2/5/2015, you are eligible for a violation occurring on or after 2/5/2016.
Your total costs required by the AZ courts depend on where you received your citation. Use our course cost calculator on the right sidebar to view the total cost including course fee, state fee, state surcharge and applicable court fee. Total cost includes the following fees:
- Course Fee: $20
- AZ State Fee: $24
- AZ State Surcharge: $45
- Applicable Court Fee
No. Defensive Driving School is 4.5 hours and is regulated by the Arizona Supreme Court for citation dismissal. Traffic Survival School is 8 hours long and is regulated by the MVD. Participants receive a letter from MVD ordering them to take Traffic Survival School, Courts rarely order someone to complete Traffic Survival School unless it is part of a plea agreement.
Specific information is needed from both your driver’s license and your citation to register for the class.
Bring your driver’s license, citation, extension or court paperwork (if applicable), payment in a form of money order or cashier’s check (or proof of prepayment by credit card), and a pen.
The cost varies depending on the court that issued your citation. Each court decides on their fee. To locate your cost, you can use the cost calculator or look it up.
Please contact the court directly. Note: Certain courts provide a school continuance when you register at least 7 days prior to the court date. Please contact our office for more information.
Only civil moving violations are eligible. DUI, seatbelt, no insurance and no registration violations are not moving violations, so they are not eligible. Take a look at a complete list of eligible violations.
We ask you to arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of class so everyone may be registered and start class on time.
Once I submit a copy of my driver’s license and citation, how long will it take to activate my online course?
Typically these requests are processed within the hour during business hours.
There are several advantages to attending an Arizona Defensive Driving School class. By taking the class, you avoid any points showing on your driving record. As a result, your vehicle insurance rates will not be affected.