Virginia Defensive Driving (8 hours)
The Virginia Online Defensive Driving Course (Level 1) contains the most current information on defensive driving, collision avoidance, and the dangers of alcohol and drugs. The Virginia Online Course fulfills the 8-hour requirement for the driver cited for minor traffic violations. Our Virginia course is also a DMV-licensed course. If you have been cited with a minor traffic violation, attending Virginia online traffic school can help you prevent additional points being added to your driving record. Attending online defensive driving school allows you to get course credit from the comfort of home—if you don’t have the time to fulfill your 8-hour defensive driving requirement in a traditional classroom setting. Attending online means you can bring the classroom to you, on your schedule!
A Virginia online driving course will reduce the possibility of your license being suspended due to added points and it will help keep your insurance rates down. It will also teach you important defensive driving and accident prevention techniques.
You may be able to take Virginia defensive driving online if your meet the following criteria:
- If you are age 20 or older, you may be awarded five safe driving points after you successfully complete a Virginia Traffic School Course.
- If a court requires you to complete a Virginia online driving course , the court determines if you will be awarded safe driving points.
- As an employer requirement.
- Insurance Discount: Check with your agent to see if your insurance company offers this benefit. If you take the Virginia Defensive Driving Course to reduce your insurance premium, you will be eligible to receive safe driving points. If a court assigns you to complete the Virginia traffic school, you will not be eligible to receive the insurance premium reduction.
- Virginia DMV requires that anyone completing the online course must complete their final exam at an approved UPS testing center.
- Students may attempt the final exam no more than one time per day.
- Open book testing is not permitted.
|Classroom||Find a Class|
We also offer the Virginia SNAP defensive driving program to help young drivers lower their insurance rates on their own plan or their parents’ plan. Whether you have been court ordered to attend defensive driving school or you’re simply looking to reduce your insurance rates, NTSI offers a variety of online driving classes that have been helping individuals improve their skills for more than three decades. We offer a unique approach to defensive driving that emphasizes personal responsibility and accountability. Learn how your behavior affects your driving and how to improve your awareness as a driver by attending a Virginia defensive driving course online!