Online Program Details
IMPORTANT: To Register Online: Please review the following instructions, then click on the online registration link at the bottom of the page
The course may be taken for various reasons:
- Court requirement – Be sure to obtain approval for our online version from the court or agency before enrolling. Select the state where you received the citation.
- Point Reduction
- Employment Requirement
- Insurance Discount – Check with your carrier before enrolling.
You must have some basic computer skills to complete the online course. Our program is very user friendly.
REGISTERING & PAYMENT
You have the following options to enroll in the course:
- Credit card – Use your Visa or MasterCard credit cards. Enroll and pay securely on-line and begin right away. This is the most convenient option.
- Fax – Go to the registration page, print the registration form, complete and fax to (800) 717-6874. Then call (800) 588-6874 to pay with a credit/debit card.
- Mail – Go to the registration page, print the registration form, complete with your check or money order to:NTSI
P.O. Box 2308
Issaquah, WA 98027
- Telephone – Call us, register and pay with a credit/debit card and begin immediately! Call us at (800) 588-6874 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. – Monday through Friday.
The course tuition is $44.95 and includes the course and certificate. The course tuition is non-refundable after you have completed the first module.
If you decide while taking the first module you would rather attend a “live” class, contact us before starting the second and we will gladly transfer you to a “live” course where you can then pay the difference. The classroom course is $50.00.
LOGIN ID & PASSWORD
When you register, you will choose your own Login ID and Password. Please write these down so you will be able to access the course with ease. If you forget your password, click on “Forgot my password” in the Login ID and Password box.
After logging onto our website (www.ntsi.com) look for the words “Select the state where you received your citation” next to blank map. Locate the correct course and click “Register Now!” for the online course. Then follow the prompts.
COURSE LENGTH & FEATURES
We have created our course to be as convenient as possible for the student. It takes a minimum of four (4) hours to complete.
You may complete the program in one sitting or use your Login ID and Password multiple times to complete the course according to your own schedule within 30 calendar days of registering. The goal is for you to comprehend and absorb the materials.
An onscreen timer will countdown the remaining seconds required for each module. You cannot advance to the next module until the timer has counted down completely. At that point you may proceed by clicking on the “Next” button at the bottom of the page. Even if you complete reading the module before the timer runs down, you will need to wait or review previously read material.
At the end of each section there is a review questions. These are not counted toward your final score. Once you complete all course modules, you will then take the final test. The final quiz is not timed so you will have as long as needed to complete.
You will need to score at least 70% on the final exam to pass the course. The test consists of multiple choice and True and False, so the computer will automatically grade your answers and you will know immediately if you have passed. In the unlikely event you do not score 70%, contact us at 1-800-588-6874 so you can take retake the test a second time.
When registering, you will be asked a series of 10 questions that will appear at the top of your screen at random during course. These questions are designed to provide assurance that the program is being taken by the assigned individual and no one else.
Please note: The Security Questions are only used for validation purposes and are not shared with or sold to anyone else. NTSI maintains strict confidentiality with all answers to your security questions.
When a Security Question appears at the top of the screen, you will have only 60 seconds to answer the question with the same answer given when registering. Failure to do so will result in a Security Failure disqualification from the course. This simply means that you become locked out of your course – your progress is saved. To “reset” your course click on the link next to your course title then click your course title to continue with your course.
Before taking any breaks, make sure to complete your current module then click “Log Out at the top right corner to prevent having to restart that particular module at the start of your next session.
- The time clock should not be running whenever you leave your computer to avoid accidental disqualification.
- Be sure to finish your current module before clicking “Log Out” at the top of the screen to avoid retaking that module during your next session.
- Do not use your “back” button on your browser while taking this course.
UPON COURSE COMPLETION:
Your certificate of completion will be added via link to your account. You can access your certificate from any computer at any time. It is YOUR responsibility to turn the certificate in to the referring court/agency as directed. Should you not have the ability to print the certificate, please contact the NTSI NorthWest office at 1.800.588.6874 and a certificate will be provided to you.
If you have any questions or require any assistance, you may contact us at (800) 588-6874 or email us at [email protected]. Live support is available Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m PST (Pacific Standard Time).
Thank you for taking this NTSI course!